COVID-19 – We are your emergency plumbers
What is considered essential plumbing?
Immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home or work
Under the definition plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying services that are immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work. Under this definition the services must:
- Be needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work; and
- That need must be Immediate.
Examples of the type of work that would come under this definition include:
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders that have failed as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliance where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair of heating systems when that heating system is the only heat source in the house and weather conditions and outdoor temperatures require it to be serviceable
Examples of the things that would not be included in that definition are:
- The repair of minor leaks.
- The replacement to tap washers.
- Routine servicing.
- The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working.
What needs to happen before/when we arrive at your property
- Your animals and Children much be excluded from all the areas our staff need to access, from before they arrive until after they leave (This includes driveways)
- All doors must be leaved open in the areas of work including the path out to the vehicle so we do not need to touch door handles/ gates etc unnecessarily.
- All people on the property will need to stay a minimum of 2 metres from our staff at all times, but once instruction is given, the customer is to isolate themselves from our staff
- The property owner will need to indicate to our staff the location of a convenient hose tap as a location for them to wash there hands, before, during and after the job.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING ANY OF THE ABOVE PLEASE CONTACT US